Saturday, January 9, 2010

TD's NFL Wild Card Picks

Have no fear. Sporting Rants and Raves will be posted either later today or tomorrow. But based on my workload - at work - and the homework that I need to complete - it needs to be posted 24 hours prior to the actual class on Monday - I have decided to off this abbreviated post addressing the picks. And so, without further ado...

New York Jets @ Cincinnati
The only New York team in the playoffs travels to Cincinnati today to see if they can duplicate their efforts - it seems that will be happening a lot this weekend. I certainly don't think it will be nearly the blowout it was last week. But there's something about the Jets right now that is exciting. I think Ryan's a blowhard when he says they'll win it all, but I think they'll win this first one against the stalling Bagels. TD chooses: New York Jets

Philadelphia @ Dallas
I've always wondered which team I dislike the most of these. I hated Philly under Buddy Ryan. But I also hated the Cowboys of the mid-90s. If I were a meaner and angrier person, I'd root for injuries. But I'm not, so I'll root for the Eagles. There's something about saying the Dallas hasn't won a playoff game in 14 years that makes me happy. Still, this isn't about rooting, per se, it's about choosing the winner. And something tells me that Dallas will break the streak at 13. TD chooses: Dallas Cowboys

Baltimore @ New England
I've heard at different times during the year that no one really wants to play New England in the post season because of their experience. That said, I wouldn't want to play Baltimore either. I think it'll be slugfest in chilly New England. A balanced game that sees big plays on offense and bone-crushing hits on D. The difference in this one? I think it's Welker. Unless Brady finds a possession receiver underneath, I call this one for Baltimore. TD chooses: Baltimore Ravens

Green Bay @ Arizona
Green Bay manhandled the Cards last week, but it isn't fair to say they're the better team. Yet... I think they may have the better team on average, but Arizona has such an ability to rev the engine. Not with plain old gasoline, mind you, but with jet fuel. That said, the loss of Boldin is rather huge, though I don't take anything from Breaston, who will most likely fill in as the #2. I personally think Arizona had its run last year. And, I want to see Green Bay beat Minnesota. TD chooses: Green Bay Packers

No comments: