Sunday, August 24, 2008

The First Post...

Hello...

A funny thing happened on my trip to Connecticut and I cannot say that this funny thing was new to me. I rediscovered that my family and friends love me. I had no doubt about this fact before my trip home, but I finally recognized that I haven't been keeping up my end of the bargain. To give as much as I take. So many times have you, my countless family members and friends asked me to call or write or e-mail or text or send smoke signals. Anything... And too many times have I gone 'off the radar' making people wonder if I had fallen from some precipice atop the Cascades or if I had stolen away to Ulaan Baatar (yes, it's a real place).

With this new realization, I will wed my interest in writing with information regarding where I am - figuratively - and what I'm doing. I can't promise a daily entry - though I strive to achieve that goal - but I can promise that I will update this blog regularly with the odds and ends that compose my life. Does this replace individual correspondence? No. But given my schedule and the schedules I know most of you keep, I think this will serve to complement that communication significantly.

With that said, if there's anything you wish to see in this blog or if there's anything you would like me to address, please let me know. And whether I see you daily or once every however many years, please know that I share this with you because I value you as a part of my life.

Until next I post...

David

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea David... Hopefully we'll be able to keep in touch a little better. Also, it was great to see you you when you recently visited CT. It was quite a "surprise" ;-)Love Ya... "Uncle" Mark

Tony Easton said...

Hey buddy, I'm glad to be a part of this. Thanks for inviting me. And, yeah, your friends and family are lucky people. Keep up the good work and looking forward to reading more!!

Anonymous said...

You know, I still think you would make a great teacher. No greater contribution can be made to society than to impart to others the joy of learning. An educated society has a greater capacity to live peacefully, disagree respectfully and respect each other not for what our differences are but what we have in common. You have the unique capacity to give and you have a lot to give. To those given much, much is expected. Service to others sometimes is not fun for ourselves. But ask yourself, What are you trying to accomplish? No one is better cpable to answer that question.
I always told your Mom that there were two great sins in the world: the sin of commission and the sin of omission. To do nothing is by far the greatest of all. From your comments you are better than that. All things in God's good time but give some thought to going back to your roots. Remember Mr Holland.

Anonymous said...

What a trip! Thanks for one of the top 5 days of my life, and thanks for the memories. It was a Grand Day, more fun than in 61. Truly "A Perfect Day"