Saturday, August 30, 2008

Purring Today

I must apologize for today's abbreviated post as I am home for only a short period to ensure that the pups can release their bodily fluids and such into the wild, i.e. the backyard. This is only a brief stop because I am volunteering - kind of - at Purr Cocktail Bar on Capital Hill for the closing bash of the 2008 Gay Softball World Series. There's a lot there, I know, and I promise to elaborate at some point in the future. For those of you who had no idea there was a Gay Softball World Series, there is. For those of you who had no idea that Gay Softball exists as an entity unto itself, it does. I play on a team in Seattle's C league and coach a team in Seattle's D league. No, unfortunately, neither of my teams made it to the World Series. We were close, mind you. Yeah, I know all about hand grenades, horseshoes, and global thermonuclear war. Yes, straight people can play on gay teams. Yes, they just take you at your word if you say you are whatever it is you are. I think those are most of the initial questions. Oh, and yes, we have some outstanding athletes in the league including some on the A and B teams who played professionally and/or in college.

So, I leave you with that as well as the promise that there will be more elaboration to come. In the meantime, if you have any initial questions that I didn't happen to anticipate, send them along and I'll answer.

No comments: