Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday 13: My Least Favorite Teams

Inspired by Facebook, I have decided to list those teams that land at the bottom of my list. I just can't, in good conscience, root for them...
  1. In honor of the job they're doing this evening, I have decided to put the Los Angeles Lakers at the top of the list. Not because they're my absolute least favorite team (well, in the NBA they are), but because they come to mind first.
  2. The Minnesota Wild because their name is stupid. I want the Minnesota North Stars back.
  3. Cheshire High Football of the early to mid 90s. I suppose the dislike bordered on respect, similar to that I have for the Pittsburgh Steelers. But I still wanted to see them lose. I actually had a second’s hesitation when deciding whether to cheer for Cheshire or Sheehan. Only a moment’s…
  4. The Baltimore Ravens. I don't have a great reason. Other than the fact they have a murderer playing for them. Or that Art Modell pulled the Browns out of Cleveland. Or that they're one of the dirtiest teams in football.
  5. The Oklahoma City Thunder. As an almost 7-year Seattlite, I witnessed the ridiculousness and politics that spelled the end of the Seattle SuperSonics. And honestly, Seattle should still have a team but for Howard Schultz and Clay Bennett.
  6. The Maloney Spartans to support most of my family.
  7. The Philadelphia Eagles (qualified) with Buddy Ryan as head coach. I hated them more than I did the Cowboys growing up.
  8. USC. Both because of the old man’s favorite Notre Dame and because I live in Washington.
  9. The Oakland Raiders (qualified) while Al Davis remains the owner. I can't agree with a guy that almost intends his team to self destruct every year.
  10. Duke. I'm a UCONN fan. Sue me.
  11. The Sheehan Titans. No explanation needed.
  12. The Boston Red Sox. Dogs and Red Sox fans, stay off the grass.
  13. The Dallas Cowboys. Even when Parcells was the coach. Tuna, how could you?

No comments: