Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Little Break

It is Thursday, November 19, 2009. What does that mean, exactly?

It's my friend's - Matt - birthday. Happy Birthday Matt!

Abraham Lincoln gave the Gettysburg Address 146 years ago.

The Edsel was discontinued 50 years ago.

And in my lifetime, on this date 19 years ago Milli Vanilli was stripped of their Grammies.

Finally, this day begins my two-week vacation. That means I'll be taking a hiatus from posting. Except, I will post my weekly NFL picks in an abbreviated Sporting Rants and Raves on each Saturday during my vacation. Not to mention each Thursday. I almost missed last Thursday. Forgot all about the game between the 49ers and Bears. And somewhat glad I didn't watch it as it was a lemon.

Speaking of which, it's Thursday today, isn't it? With that said, let's see who's playing tonight...

Miami @ Carolina
John Fox's life became a little easier earlier this week when Ronnie Brown was put on the Injured Reserve List. Not a lot, mind you, but certainly somewhat. Because that may limit the Wildcat. And it means that the Panthers' D can concentrate on Ricky Williams. But, not so fast... The Dolphins might have a few different looks that no one has seen before. And that Carolina can't imagine. In the end, I predict a close game. But after seeing both teams last week, I think this one goes to a rising Panthers team. TD chooses: Carolina Panthers

Let's hope I do better this week than last...

No comments: