Saturday, December 6, 2008

TD's Official NFL Picks - Week 14

I've decided to approach these picks a bit more differently this week. First, there will be no pick of the week. Why? Because when I started looking at the matchups, I realized that there's certainly not just one this week. Bucs / Panthers. Cowboys / Steelers. Eagles / Giants. Nope, couldn't pick one. So, I said to myself, self you should separate out the good and the bad. This isn't to say that games in the bad category don't have some kind of importance for one of the teams playing in them. They're just not games that I can imagine many - other than fans and fantasy football locos - would want to watch.

Second, I am going to try to keep the comment to one sentence. A challenge, to be certain, since I want to try to keep you entertained while at the same time saying something remotely interesting about each game. Here goes...

The Bad
Cleveland @ Tennessee
The final nail has been hammered into Romeo's coffin; this will just be a bunch of Titans dancing on his grave. TD chooses: Tennessee Titans

Houston @ Green Bay
Lambeau field is an impressive ally in December, and I think the Packers are just plain better. TD chooses: Green Bay Packers

Jacksonville @ Chicago
I specifically stated that I would not vote for Jacksonville again this year - it's a good thing they've already played the Lions - and I will keep that promise. TD chooses: Chicago Bears

Cincinnati @ Indianapolis
I am concerned for Indy in this one, but I think Peyton and crew know they have too much riding on these last three games against the Bagels, Lie Downs, and Jaguettes. TD chooses: Indianapolis Colts

Minnesota @ Detroit
If I hadn't seen the Lie Downs play on Turkey Day, I might choose them to upset the Vikes; the problem is that I did. TD chooses: Minnesota Vikings

New England @ Seattle
I wanted so badly to choose the Seachickens as an upset, but then I found out that Matt Hasselbeck and Walter Jones are doubtful. TD chooses: New England Patriots

New York Jets @ San Francisco
Of all the 'bad' games I chose, I think this could be one of the most competitive given San Fran's new life and the Jets' need to keep winning to stay atop the AFC East. TD chooses: San Francisico 49ers

Kansas City @ Denver
The Chiefs won their game against Denver earlier in the year; the Broncos aren't going to let that happen again. TD chooses: Denver Broncos

St. Louis @ Arizona
I think the Rams can upset them, but I think the Cardinals want to know what a conference championship feels like - if you can call winning the NFC West a championship. TD chooses: Arizona Cardinals

The Good
Atlanta @ New Orleans
New Orleans must win to stay alive and Brees will throw at Atlanta as much as they can handle; but will it be more than that even? TD chooses: New Orleans Saints

Philadelphia @ New York Football Giants
A friend asked me if I will ever choose the team that is better than the Giants, and I said to him 'Yes, if I thought there were any.' TD chooses: New York Football Giants

Miami @ Buffalo
Remember what I said about Lambeau; multiply that by ten and you have Buffalo. TD chooses: Buffalo Bills

Dallas @ Pittsburgh
If I were to choose a pick of the week, I think this would have been it; these two are just gonna hammer one another, and I'm hoping the Steel Curtain closes on the Cowbirds. TD chooses: Pittsburgh Steelers

Washington @ Baltimore
The most intriguing matchup, I think this one will require good QB play; who's QB will play better? TD chooses: Washington Redskins

Tampa Bay @ Carolina
Garcia seems to own the Panthers as a QB for Tampa; I think this streak will continue on a very good Monday Night Footbal game - finally. TD chooses: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

No comments: