Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Video of the Week: I Fought the Lights and the Lights Won

It was last week. Wednesday. We expected a snowstorm with heavy wind. The snow did not come; the wind, to some extent, did. We deflated the 8' snowman for fear that he would fly into the oblivion of some neighbor's yard.

The snow came Thursday. And Friday. And Saturday. And Sunday. Suffice it to say, we haven't seen Frosty since. In fact, the only trace of him is a wire leading to a buried black stake. But Frosty was not essential to the lighting.

But tonight... tonight I came home and expected to see the lights twinkling in the depth of the night. What I saw was darkness. And at that moment I knew the lights had won. The burnt out fuse lingers beneath about 6 inches of snow atop the roof. And I ain't goin' up there...

So, we shall be lightless this Christmas externally. But, no matter... we have our two trees internally.

And thus I am inspired to display the video for this week. I must say that I always laugh aloud when he takes a swing at Santa...

No comments: