Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Scribblings: Six Point Five Years

The prompt this week is, "I come from..." or if you like you could try, "I came from..." This is all about your perspective. Where did you start? Where do you start? How did it all begin? Where do you stand right now? Where exactly do you come from?

Foot in the door, my partner gets me my first opportunity in corporate America.
Contracted for a project that corrected statements so we could determine balances.

A big break, the result of a crazy fired lady screaming at the top of her lungs.
Ten keyed to my heart’s content and returned lots of money to lawyers. Sorry.

A rare accounting supervisor, unanimously elected by those who had trained me.
Supervised a tad inside the Lion’s Den, a short stay.

An interesting request from a controller, go find out what he’s doing.
Managed portfolios of accounts and stood inside the doorway of an ornery man.

Some interest from another department, let’s see what you’ve got.
Gathered requirements, made nice with Operations, and tested an application or two.

Off to another job, she left me wondering if I could fill her shoes.
Managed a project or seven and learned a great deal more about politics.

A shot in the dark, tried my luck at applying for a reach position.
Leading. And working with a client to help them determine their own balances.

1 comment:

Tumblewords: said...

Like the format of this - nice work.