Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday Scribblings: Regretful American Sentences

American Sentences: They are haiku-length poems that Allen Ginsburg suggested be limited to 17 syllables, like haiku in Japanese and like the Heart Sutra in Buddhism. The following two sentences are such American Sentences of 17 syllables.

Regret is guilt gift-wrapped in space-time, topped with the bow of remembrance.

I don’t regret the regrets I have, excepting those regrets I have.

I don’t regret the regrets I have, accepting those regrets I have.

3 comments:

danni said...

these were great lines in your post --- i especially liked the last one - not always easy to love ourselves and take ourselves as we are!!!

floreta said...

the first sentence is absolutely brilliant.

Tumblewords: said...

I love American Sentences and you do your with great style!