Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Scribblings: Trust

From Sunday Scribblings, "the prompt this week is: Trust. Today for some reason I think of it in terms of money left, and the games that we used to play to team build at summer camp. I'm not sure what that says about today! Who do you trust? Who do you not trust? What does it take to earn yours? What would you do if you discovered you had money in one? What do you think about trust?"

I've recently been fascinated by American Sentences. But I've decided to try something new, an exercise used by a blog writer whom I often read. In short, the challenge is to write a short piece of fiction in exactly 58 words. This was challenging to be sure but enjoyable nonetheless...

Meandering through a wood with a friend, he spied an object in the underbrush; he thought it a piece of space trash. When he retrieved the silvery piece he identified it as some kind of currency. ‘In God we trust’ he read to his friend. ‘God? What’s that?’ he asked. ‘Probably some ancient bureaucratic acronym’ his friend replied.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting. wonder if their interp makes them trust more or less. :D

Tumblewords: said...

Great stuff! Space trash - we'll no doubt be finding more of that!

Tan said...

You share my Name (initials) and the Sunsign too ... great!!

Do visit at times and read me ...