Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Video of the Week: Pachelbel's Canon in D

This evening, I arrived home at 8 p.m. rather exhausted and decided that I needed both something soothing to hear and something funny to watch. For the soothing notes, I considered a classic oldie. A real oldie. Not exactly classical - Pachelbel composed sometime around 1680, the Baroque period - this work is one of the most famous works of any era in the Western World.

I give it to you here. If you have approximately five minutes, close your eyes and let it sweep you away.



Now, after I heard the song, I went looking for something funny. On youtube, I found hissing cats and babies laughing. I even found a Seth McFarlane cartoon about Mario and the princess. But, I decided that the following video was more appropriate:



Speaking words of wisdom, let it be...

No comments: