Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Scribblings: Scary Haiku

From Sunday Scribblings: I can't recall if we've done this prompt before, but I'm curious: what scares you?

The white outer shell
Glistens with the morning’s dew.
Another dropped ball.

Prepped for the meeting.
I excitedly enter
Thirty minutes late.

‘I have the money,’
I say uncomfortably
‘In my other coat.’

I swore it was here.
But I searched the entire house.
Now my wallet’s gone.

‘Feign is not a word.’
‘Yes it is,’ he said to me,
Student to teacher.

At the pearly gates,
He says I made a mistake.
The wrong discernment.

We learn from mistakes.
Unless we are utterly
Paralyzed by them.

6 comments:

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

Fine haiku, one and all.

anthonynorth said...

Very clever - a story thru haiku.

keiths ramblings said...

Excellent! Good tale in a clever format

Tumblewords: said...

Paralyzed with fear is a definite possibility. These are wonderfully done haiku - thoughtful and powerful.

Megha said...

I like the last 3 lines,says a lot...good work

Jay said...

That was interesting .. but I don't quite understand haiku.

I thought they were very short, three-line poems, so is this one long multi-verse haiku, or a series of connected haiku?