Friday, January 2, 2009

TD's Official NFL Wild Card Picks

Time for the wild card games. And what a Wild Card weekend it is. Would you want to play the Eagles? Or the Chargers? No thank you. I'm not feeling good about this, but I have to try...

Atlanta @ Arizona
Have you noticed that three of the six teams are birds? And that two of those birds are in this game? The Falcons bring the Rookie of the Year and Michael Turner to Phoenix. And the Cards bring their own one-time MVP. I'm not convinced with the Cardinals. They don't have a running game, per se. But if they're passing game is on, it's on. I think Atlanta comes to play. TD chooses: Atlanta Falcons

Indianapolis @ San Diego
I don't know how to call this one. Indy has the deserving league MVP. He wills his team to win. San Diego has something intangible, a will to win of their own. And these two have played each other well in the past. Oddly, I think the difference will be coaching. Dungy blows Norv away. TD chooses: Indianapolis Colts

Baltimore @ Miami
Another one. I suppose all games are difficult this time of year. Or at least they should be. They - whomever 'they' happen to be - say that defense wins football games. From what I've seen, that's true 9 of 10 times. Unless you put Montana, Rice, and Craig against them. But that's just me. Sorry, Tony and Bill. TD chooses: Baltimore Ravens

Philadelphia @ Minnesota
Philly scares me a great deal. They remind me of last year's Giants. Except more dysfunctional. And with, perhaps, a better running back. Okay, not better, but more versatile, I'll say. Then there's Minnesota. I just don't think highly of them. They barely made it into the playoffs. And they have a QB who can play... sometimes. And a running game. I must not forget about the running game. What about their running game? TD chooses: Philadelphia Eagles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your picks. I also agree that NOBODY wants to play the Eagles, Chargers or the Colts for that matter. I am looking forward to the Chargers vs. Colts game the most. Ah, the "second" season is always interesting.