Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Video of the Week: Hey Ya

It's been more than 5 years now since the dynamic duo of Big Boi and Andre 3000 released the very addictive Speakerboxxx / The Love Below. Now those of you who know me relatively well should know that I don't dance. And that I listen to the likes of Simon & Garfunkel, Billy Joel, and Elton John. With a bit of Live and Zeppelin thrown in for good measure. But a fan of hip hop I am not. I don't despise hip hop, but I wouldn't choose most hip hop to play on my iPod.

Nevertheless, when I first heard Hey Ya, I couldn't help myself. I would literally get up from the computer - no matter what I was doing - and enter the living room on our Beacon Hill apartment where Joseph was watching the video. And I'd dance. Nothing particularly gyrational, per se. But I'd dance. And I loved it. Still do.

Do I still dance when I hear it? At times. It depends where I am and if I have a few beers in me...

And so without further ado, I present the original video as well as a little something you Peanuts lovers will appreciate...

(Please note that I cannot embed the video itself; I can only give you the link.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xe9Ur0wEsY

No comments: