Friday, September 26, 2008

TD's Official NFL Picks - Week 4

Good evening...

I usually choose my winners on Wednesday night, but those of you who read this blog understand why you don't know them yet. A Mr. Neil Diamond - for those of you who still had no idea about whom I was talking in that post - had visited Seattle. And given that there was no Thursday night game - if there had been it would have been a tough choice - I decided to delay the picks until this evening.

So, here I sit, ruminating about the debate and typing on Joseph's laptop whilst he watches the Sex in the City movie. Football. Football. Football. I'm trying the ruby slippers. Okay, here we go. Did much better last week than the week prior. Barely staying ahead of JB. But still ahead. Here we go...

Cleveland V. Cincinnati
The battle of Ohio. Why oh why oh why oh? Why do I care about Ohio? I read this past week that Ohio and Missouri are really sucking it up when it comes to football. 0-12. Yeesh. And these two Ohio teams had such high expectations. A potent Bagel offense versus an upstart Brownie offense. That's what we all thought three weeks ago. But not now. Now, the football gods are just hoping that one of these teams can actually do enough to win. I want the Brownies. I do. But there's something happening in Brownie world right now that leaves me a bit verklempt. And the Bagels kept up with the Jints. TD chooses: Cincinnati Bengals

Houston V. Jacksonville
AFC South showdown in a division that is NOT wrapped up by week three. And Jacksonville has issues with Houston. But it's also Houston's third road game of three games this season (remember that they had their first home game postponed by Ike). And they're not playing particularly well. Matt Schaub is as much the QB of the future as was David Carr. No, Jacksonville's got too much right now. TD chooses: Jacksonville Jaguars

Atlanta V. Carolina
NFC South showdown in a division that is really not wrapped up by week three. Atlanta's doing better than anyone thought. But that's what happens when you rid your world of toxicity and start building from the bottom up. God forbid the Atlanta Falcons are not the dirty birds anymore. But I'm stickin' with John Fox. Carolina's stronger. And I think they might do better than even I expected. TD chooses: Carolina Panthers

Denver V. Kansas City
See 1st Pick regarding Missouri. They're terrible. No line. No QB. No receiving corps. No defense. Do they have a kicking game? I dunno. You know, it's really tough to go oh and forever in a season. But this ain't gonna be the week that KC pulls it out. Because Denver's better? Not exactly. It's because Denver's actually good. TD chooses: Denver Broncos

San Francisco V. New Orleans
Colston. Shockey. Out out. I'd say they're disappointing, but they've lost to two good teams in Denver and Washington. Then there's San Fran. Mike Martzing it. I must say that JT did me good in fantasy last week. I have a soft spot for those players who get me the points. He has Bruce to throw to. Vernon Davis. And Patrick Willis leading that D. But it's in N'Orleans. Oh, I don't know. Umm... TD chooses: San Francisco 49ers

Arizona V. New York Jets
The battle of the ex-Super Bowl winning QBs playing in uniforms that don't quite look right. Cardinal Red. Well, football Cardinal anything, yikes. And then Jet Green. What is this, an odd Christmas come early? Still, it's an interesting game. Arizona has something to prove, and they kept up with a good Washington team last week. The Jets. Eh, they're the Jets. TD chooses: Arizona Cardinals.

Green Bay V. Tampa Bay
The battle of the bays. Green and Tampa. Tampa and Green. Green Bay outclassed last week but still a good team. Aaron's learning. Tampa, gritty. Pulled out a win against Chicago, but methinks that win had something to do with Chicago's inability to manage the game effectively. I think I'll give it to the green. TD chooses: Green Bay Packers

Minnesota V. Tennessee
Hmm. This is my interesting game of the week. Don't really know. Minnesota's coming off a good win. They showed they were a cohesive unit, somehow with Gus at QB. But Tennessee has also proven their ability to rally behind their backup turned starter. Let me now journey into the world of the tangent. I watched a Super Bowl once. It starred the New York Football Giants and the Baltimore Quoth Them Nevermore Ravens. The latter employed a QB by the name of Kerry Collins. Can you say deer in the headlights? Yes, he was able to help get them there. But along the way, he freaked me out, and he showed why in that Super Bowl. It's just a matter of time. TD chooses: Minnesota Vikings

San Diego V. Oakland
In the Black Hole, this could be the upset of the week. Lane Kiffin's trying to keep his job. The Raiders are, in fact, showing life. No, Jamarcus can't sustain a passing attack of more than two consecutive passes. But they have people who can actually run the ball. San Diego has LT, even if injured. And a pretty good D. And a serviceable QB. But they also have Norv can't get it done Turner. No, not this early in the season. I know. But there's something about this game. And I don't even like Oakland. TD chooses: Oakland Raiders

Buffalo V. St. Louis
JB, yes the JB with whom I am competing for the joy of purchasing for him or having him purchase for me a beer. He goes by another name, a rather appropriate name at that. Joreacle. And Joreacle says that St. Louis is gonna blow 'em out. What? I grimaced as he told me. Nah. Then I read Peter King's - of NBC and SI - picks. And he picked St. Louis too. What, Trent Green starts and it's the second coming. And against a 3-0 Bills team coached by Mr. Dick Jauron. I do not subscribe to their points of view. TD chooses: Buffalo Bills

Philadelphia V. Chicago
The Sunday night game. An intriguing matchup. Philadelphia shut Pittsburgh DOWN last week. And Chicago completely mismanaged their game against Tampa. Chicago has a running game. Philly has an injured running back. Philly's D was a brick wall. Da Bears were rather porous. I think Chicago's strong, but they could be blowing smoke. But if Donovan stays healthy the Iggles are a true contender. TD chooses: Philadelphia Eagles

Baltimore V. Pittsburgh
Did I ever tell you I hate Baltimore? It happened even before they played the Jints. Because I like the Browns. A little known fact. And the way they moved just didn't sit right. So, I root against them as a general rule. This Monday night will be no exception. But this isn't about the team I want to win. This is about the team that's going to win. And so, TD chooses: Pittsburgh Steelers

Pick of the Week
Washington V. Dallas
Classic. Dallas, a group of world beaters. T Alfonso Owens. T Tire Changin' Romo. Adam Blinky Jones. Spankin' Tank Johnson. Marion the Demon Barber. Washington, a bunch of... Redskins. Okay, so everything about this game says Dallas. And that's why TD chooses: Dallas Cowboys

No comments: