Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sporting Rants and Raves: July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to the United States of America!

For today, I give you a very abbreviated post. It has to do with softball and only softball.

We began the day at 9 a.m. with our first games at 10 a.m. (The team for which I play) Game 1 we took against the number 1 team in the league. And rather handily at that. In game 2, played immediately after game 1, we beat the number 4 team in the league. And in game 3, played at 1:30, we won against the number 3 team in the league.

We had a short break.

We came back and beat a team called the Guerrillas. And then we played at 6 p.m. and got beat by the team against whom we won the third game.

Oh, it was a tournament. Double elimination. Which means more games tomorrow.

I'm exhausted. But we played well.

And I actually hit a home run over the head of the left center fielder, not common for me.

In any case, that's the post...

Until next I write, happy sporting...

And Happy Independence Day!

No comments: