Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday 13: Things I Did as a Kid When I Was Sick

In honor of the fact that Joseph has infected me with whatever nonsense is brewing in my chest and throat, I think back on those times that I stayed home from school:
  1. Wrapped myself in a blanket on the couch.
  2. Imbibed far too much Robitussin. Hey, I liked it. Especially cherry.
  3. Watched the People's Court with Judge Wapner and Doug Llewelyn. And didn't really enjoy it.
  4. Ate my Lucky Charms by separating out the non-marshmallows from the marshmallows. One spoonful at a time. It took me 45 minutes to eat a bowl.
  5. Slept. But only if I was really sick.
  6. Wondered why I stayed home since I'd have to make up all that homework anyway.
  7. Played the first Dragon Quest (released for Nintendo in 1986)
  8. Watched Classic Concentration
  9. Ate another bowl of Lucky Charms. Taking another 45 minutes.
  10. Watched the Disney afternoon that included Gummi Bears, Duck Tales, Chip n Dale's Rescue Rangers, and Tale Spin. Dark Wing Duck came later, and I actually liked that. But I personally think it jumped the shark with Goof Troop.
  11. Staying in my pajamas and not showering all day. Ick!
  12. Played solitaire. With real cards.
  13. Watched the Price Is Right...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG--that was SOOOOOOOO my childhood. God I loved Lucky Charms--that and Capn' Crunch. When I was sick it was Chuck Woolarie( or however he spells it) and Crosswords. The thing I remember the most is when he would go to commercial and say" We'll be back in two and two.", flicking the peace sign twice. I still think it's dorky but I flippen LOVED that show..lol.:-)

Thanks for making me smile!
www.romanticcrushjunkies.blogspot.com

Carleen said...

If we were sick enough to stay home, my mom made us stay in bed and rest -- really rest. But, she did make us tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch! :)

Great list.

Americanising Desi said...

ooohh a neat prompt :)

http://2short2sweet.blogspot.com/2009/07/words-in-kiss.html