Sunday, November 2, 2008

Florida Day One

Good Evening to those on the left coast and good morning to those on the least...

I've had a challenging task in attempting to connect to the Internet. I have succeeded, but at the cost of 1:30 a.m. ET.

That said, I shall disclose my tiny adventure:

Woke up 6:30 a.m. PT. Rummaged around. Not looking forward to leaving Joseph and the pups. I leave, though, because that's what whomever happens to need at the moment.

Arrive at the airport. Through security and on down to the terminal. Some round man attempting to feel important by getting us on a plane. I smile and walk to the left where all the non-important people are supposed to board.

Sitting on the plane in seat A. A windown seat. There is an Aryan in the row at seat C. He doesn't speak overly much.

I watch as the land passes by. Then read the Lord of the Rings. Then do some Fill-Ins. Listen to the iPod mini. Repeat the cycle. For 5 hours.

We arrive. I call Joseph. We talk for a while. Then I go to catch a cab.

Honestly, I have no idea how far this airport is from the hotel. A bald, black taxi driver approaches. Some vociferous white men tell him where to take me. We begin the journey. I watch the proce rise. I won't pay more than 40, I say to myself. It reaches 50 and I see if I can keep it under 75. He passes another exit at 80. I sigh. Give up, really. I watch as the meter rises. We finally stop close to 100. Plus tolls. Oy!

I walk into the hotel. A guy at the front desk sees me decked out in Giants garb. They're killin' 'em he says. I cheer quietly. Make my way up to the room. Watch the end of the game. Think it's 8 pm.

Make my way down to the bar. I get a few cracks about the Giants. I smile and nod. Yeah, they kicked Dallas' ass. Say whatever you want.

A guy shows up after a while. Nice guy. From Brooklyn. Has a wife and a kid in Miami. An accountant. Bought me a shot. We talked a bunch.

When going out to smoke, he discovered that there was a retreat of some kind here at the Orlando Marriott Lake Mary. Of the Avatars. No clue. Haven't looked it up yet. From what he told me, they're seeking out their consciousness. Dunno...

We tired and came upstairs. I to my room to call Joseph and then to do some crunches. I work on the computer, and finally get a connection. Here it is...

And who knows when it will dissipate. Thus, I present to you... my first day in FLA.

Anticlimactic, huh?

No comments: