Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Scribblings: The Now Dead Flowers

Howdy all...

I know I said I'd be writing stories more often. But Sunday Scribblings challenged me to write poetry this week. It's been a long time since I wrote anything resembling poetry - with the exception of American Sentences and a few haiku. I have therefore attempted to write some. I cheated only a little... For whatever reason, Williams' The Red Wheelbarrow was on my mind today. I therefore tried my own hand at a similar styled poem...

so little care
is shown
to now dead
flowers
once with pink
petals
beside the gray
tombstone

2 comments:

ChefDruck said...

Beautiful haunting image. I can see the tombstone!

and it made me think of me... as a fading flower.

Dee Martin said...

sigh...I love sad and beautiful combined.