Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Video of the Week: The Return of Football

This year's first preseason NFL touchdown sees a rookie punter for the Tennessee Oilers (yeah, I know, but see for yourself) run a trick play against the Buffalo-Toronto Bills.

A few thoughts about this...

I'm not looking forward to Chris Collinsworth on Monday Night Football.

Why would you want to run a trick play in the Hall of Fame game? Won't teams now be expecting that all year? I suppose they will only if Hentrich isn't in the game...

If you've played football long enough - and I assume these professionals have - wouldn't you think it's a little strange that not one but two people came completely free from the right side of the defense? Might that clue you in?

I still can't believe Houston lost to Frank Reich and Buffalo all those years ago. One of the most unbelievable games I've ever witnessed. It lead to the demise of the Houston Oilers...

I'm just glad T.O. isn't in this highlight. And that he's not in the NFC East...

No comments: