Saturday, May 9, 2009

Abbreviated Sporting Rants and Raves: May 10, 2009

Happy 54th birthday to Connecticut's own Swami. 'He... could... go... all... the... way!'

Rest in peace Mr. Chuck Daly. The winner of back to back championships with the Detroit Pistons and the 1992 Olympic gold, Chuck Daly will be remembered for his coaching acumen. The NBA lost a great man.

Joe Torre is sticking by Manny saying he has a great work ethic. Didn't he say the same about Roger Clemens?

Speaking of which does anyone have any sympathy for Manny? [Crickets] I thought so.

Cavs and Lebron are beating the hell out of the Hawks.

If Brett returns to football as a Minnesota Viking, then he has absolutely no comprehension of his own legacy. And like most everyone else, I think I'd like to see it if only for the trainwreck quality of the entire ordeal.

Yanks winless against Red Sox. But Red Sox aren't in first either. Toronto? Really?

Seattle 2-8 in their last 10 games. That's about right.

Looks like the Carolina Hurricanes nee Hartford Whalers are about to oust the Boston Bruins. Wonderfully poetically just.

NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield has been suspended indefinitely for failing a drug test. The drug he took makes his foot more dense, it seems.

Softball update. The Buzz - the team I coach - is a wonderful 6-1. Alas, I haven't been able to see a majority of those games based on my schedule.

The Thrusters - the team on which I play - is a respectable 4-2. Here's to winning all three tomorrow.

And with that, I bid you a sporting night.

No comments: