Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday 13: Favorite Books (thus far)

I admit I have not been reading as prolifically as I would like. It's a choice I make, i.e. making work, softball, and blogging a priority. I must therefore rely on my past favorites as I haven't come across a book that has wowed me in some time.

And thus, in no specific order, they are...
  • The Promise - Chaim Potok
  • The Alchemist - Paulo Coehlo
  • Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
  • Narcissus and Goldmund - Hermann Hesse
  • Fifth Business - Robertson Davies
  • Sophie's World - Jostein Gaarder
  • Life of Pi - Yann Martel
  • The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R Tolkien (Yes, I know it's cheating. And not because it's 3 books but 6.)
  • Magister Ludi (The Glass Bead Game) - Hermann Hesse
  • Father Elijah - Michael D. O'Brien
  • The Once and Future King - T.H. White
  • A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens
  • My Name Is Asher Lev - Chaim Potok

No comments: