Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday 13: Meals

What would I choose to eat? I mean for meals. Ice cream doesn't count. Nor does my mother's cake or strawberry rhubarb pie. Beer ain't gonna cover it. This is all about real meals.

  1. Any pasta and marinara sauce (my mother's specialty - she always claimed she could put sauce on dog food and I'd eat it)
  2. Hot dogs (Preferably at the ballpark)
  3. Kielbasa (yes, it's much different than hot dogs and best on my grandmother's table for the evening of Christmas/Easter, etc.)
  4. Moo Goo Gai Pan (the only Asian [American] dish to make the list)
  5. Lil's Mac & Cheese (Dunno why but that's some good stuff)
  6. Joseph's chicken (No matter how he makes it, it's always the juiciest chicken I've ever tasted)
  7. Sweet Steak (It's the old man's term. It's been too long since I've had that miraculous taste in my mouth)
  8. Lamb Chops with Mint Jelly (Yumm)
  9. The old man's 17 egg omelette with the works
  10. Though only once a year, the provider should think twice before denying me turkey... with dressing/stuffing... and the newly added greens... and mashed potatoes... and yams... I just love Thanksgiving dinners
  11. Louie's or Napoli's pizza in Wallingford... it's a tie
  12. Louie's (of West Haven and may have changed names 17 times since I was a kid) blueberry pancakes after mass at Our Lady of Victory
  13. Chicken or Veal Parm... doesn't matter where, though Mama Theresa's in Milford and that place in Southington beginning with an 'S' (I think) bring back memories

4 comments:

Americanising Desi said...

yummmmmy! i can have the taste in my mouth!

Americanising Desi said...

check me too :)

did two

http://whenhekissesher.wordpress.com/2009/05/29/thursday-13-flicks-that-click/

and

http://fart-in-a-jar.blogspot.com/2009/05/thursday-13-sides-of-me.html

yyam said...

You're making me hungry. I really love lamp chops...:)

old man said...

Pagliacci's in Southington