Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thursday 13: Future Vacations

As I settle back into the wonderful world of work, I consider future vacation spots...

  1. London, England - Hey kids, Big Ben, Parliament...
  2. Between Supai and Tuweep, Arizona AKA The Grand Canyon - One of the 7 Natural Wonders
  3. Jerusalem, Israel - Jewish, Christian, and Muslim holy sites
  4. Byzantium AKA Constantinople AKA Istanbul, Turkey - The Hagia Sophia for one
  5. Lhasa, Tibet - Don't have a particularly good reason
  6. Buenos Aires, Argentina - Para ver la Casa Rosada (to see the Pink House - the Argentinian presidential house)
  7. Sydney, Australia - I'd rather go to Mardi Gras there.
  8. Giza, Egypt - C'mon, who really built those things?
  9. Athens, Greece - The home of Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle
  10. Shanhaiguan, China - The eastern most point of the Great Wall of China
  11. Paris, France - I'll just visit briefly. I mean, there's always Notre Dame.
  12. Philadelphia, PA - Yes, I know, I know. But would you believe I've still never set foot in Independence Hall? I grow up loving the Revolutionary War. Visited Concord and Lexington AND Yorkstown. But never saw the place where this country officially became treasonous from the top down.
  13. The entirety of Spain. Yes, even Extremadura but especially Santiago, Barcelona, Asturias, Zaragoza, Valencia, Madrid, Cadiz, Granada, and Sevilla.

1 comment:

Uncle Mark said...

Interesting choices... I would add Alaska and Hawaii to your list and remove Tibet and Istanbul/Constantinople, other than that, I like your list of places to vacation...